Cedar Planked Brie with Sun Dried Cherry Sauce
Perfect for outdoor entertaining – this simple recipe blends “easily done” and “great cuisine” into one very fashionable appetizer! In this version we have used our Sun Dried Cherry sauce and walnuts to highlight Canadian ingredients for barbecuing. It would also be good with our Mango Chutney and almonds or with our Pomegranate Chutney and cashews. Serves 4 - 6 appetizer portions.
1. Soak the cedar plank in cold water for at least 1 hour, or according to the package instructions.
2. Preheat the barbecue to 400°F.
3. Mix the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil and Moroccan Spices together. Paint the mixture over the surface of the brie wheel. Remove the cedar plank from the water and place the wheel on the plank. Spoon the sundried cherry sauce over the top. Sprinkle the walnuts over the cherry sauce.
4. Place the plank on the grill and close the lid. Allow to cook for 20 -25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the wheel becomes puffy. Remove the plank from the grill. Place it on a non flammable surface and allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh thyme or rosemary. Serve immediately with sliced baguette.
* This can be cut to size for one wheel of brie, or you can use the whole plank for two or more wheels. Just make sure to allow 3” between each wheel to allow space for them to puff out and expand
Visit our contact section to get in touch with us, or subscribe to
our complimentary email newsletter, full of recipes and ideas!