This hot and spicy Louisiana style sauce is a great find for grilled chicken or seafood, and a stimulating secret ingredient for your next pot of chile! The flavour has just the right amount of "heat"...enough to wake up your taste buds, but not too much to overpower your meat. Try it for your next BBQ!
An easy appetizer or light dinner - these hot and spicy wings are the best! I like to use split chicken wings because they are easier to eat and take less time to cook. In this recipe we have provided instructions for steaming the wings before barbecuing. This step takes time but guarantees a juicy result. If you’re really pressed for time start at step 4 and grill the wings for a little longer on each side - i.e. 5 minutes. Makes 6 dinner size and 12 appetizer size portions.
2. Wash chicken under cool running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place 1 cup of water in a baking dish. Add 1 Tbsp of Cajun Spice Sauce, garlic, and 2 wedges of lime. Stir to mix. Place a rack on the baking dish. The water level should be below the rack. Place the chicken on the rack. Cover with a lid or tin foil that does not touch the chicken. Place the baking dish in the centre of the oven on the lowest rack. Allow chicken to cook/steam for 30 minutes or until tender. Take the chicken from the oven and remove the tin foil or lid.
4. Place the Rub For Barbeque on a plate and dredge both sides of the chicken through it. Place the chicken in a dish or pan that can be taken to the barbeque. The chicken can be barbecued immediately or covered and held in the fridge for up to 2 days. Before barbecuing chilled chicken, allow it to reach room temperature.
5. Preheat the barbeque to high. Using tongs place the chicken on the grill. With a barbeque brush liberally apply Cajun Spice Sauce to the top side of the chicken. Close lid and allow to grill for 3 minutes. Using tongs turn the chicken over and liberally brush Cajun Spice Sauce to the other side. Close lid and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with additional Cajun Spice Sauce and fresh lemon dipped in Rub For Barbeque.
Visit our contact section to get in touch with us, or subscribe to
our complimentary email newsletter, full of recipes and ideas!