Our Roasted Garlic Olive Oil is one of our most popular products! The smooth, mellow flavour adds just the right touch to bread dips, and a great flavour when drizzled over hot pizza or pasta. It is ideal for grilling and stir-frying, and perfect for roasting vegetables to use in our Frittata recipe, or as a side dish.
This barbecue recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It works well with either our Cajun Spice or Beer BBQ Sauce. The Cajunaisse can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
Makes 4 servings.
To Prepare the Cajunaisse
In a small mixing bowl, with a whisk combine the Cajun Spice Sauce and the mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Prepare the Mushroom Burgers
1. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
2. Brush Roasted Garlic Olive Oil on both sides of the mushrooms.
3. Dredge the mushrooms through the Rub for BBQ – coating both sides.
4. Place the mushroom on the grill, stem side down. Liberally brush Beer Barbecue or Cajun Spice Sauce on the top of the mushroom. Grill for 5 minutes. With a spatula, flip the mushroom and apply Beer Barbecue or Cajun Spice Sauce to this side. Grill an additional 10 minutes.
5. While the mushrooms are grilling, toast the hamburger buns on the grill for one minute on each side.
To serve the mushroom burger
1. Place an open hamburger bun on a serving plate.
2. Place one grilled mushroom on top of one side of the bun.
3. Top with a spoonful of cajunaisse, fresh avocado, diced tomato and lettuce.
4. Serve immediately.
Visit our contact section to get in touch with us, or subscribe to
our complimentary email newsletter, full of recipes and ideas!