It’s the cedar planks (see below) that create the magic in our recipe for Cedar Plank Salmon! They burn to create a smoky flavour, the moist wood prevents the salmon from drying out, and the cedar plank keeps the fillets from overcooking on one side, so it’s not necessary to turn the fish during the cooking process. Cedar Plank Salmon is prepared with our Maple Cappuccino sauce and our Rub for Barbecue. We have included this recipe in our Quick and Easy category, as it is very simple to prepare and doesn’t use a lot of ingredients. However, you do need to remember to allow time to soak your cedar plank prior to using it on the grill.
Serves 4 delicious portions. Preparation time 20 minutes.
|4 large (6 oz each, 1”-2”thick)||Salmon fillets – fresh, skin intact or removed|
|3 – 4 Tbsp||Rub for Barbecue|
|1/2 cup||Maple Cappuccino Sauce|
|1||Cedar grilling plank|
1. Soak the plank according to package directions
2. Preheat the grill to 365 – 400 F. (Medium high heat)
3. Spread the Rub For Barbecue out on wax paper or a large plate. Press the salmon fillets into the dry rub, assuring to coat all sides.
4. Place the Maple Cappuccino Sauce in a microwaveable dish. Heat the sauce on high for 40 seconds or until it just boils. Brush the sauce on the salmon fillets.
5. Place the pre-soaked plank on the grill, close the lid, and heat until the plank begins to smoke and you hear a crackling sound. Place the salmon, skin side down, on the plank. Close the lid on the grill and leave until the salmon is cooked – approximately 8-10 minutes
6. Using a lifter remove the salmon fillets from the plank and place each piece on a dinner plate. Serve hot with grilled vegetables and a fresh salad. Enjoy!
7. Allow the plank to cool completely before removing from the barbecue – refer to package instructions.
Cedar Plank Salmon Notes of Interest:
This recipe for Cedar Plank Salmon is juicy and delicious! It is a surprising mixture of both sweet and hot! The Rub for Barbecue creates the “hot” and the Maple Cappuccino creates the “sweet”! It is a perfect summer recipe and idea for BBQ season.
If you have any questions about making Cedar Plank Salmon, or using our products, please feel free to contact us here!
If you would like to learn more about using cedar planks see this Guide to Grilling.