Tuna is a delicacy, just be sure not to overcook. It will dry out very quickly and should be timed exactly. The vinaigrette is best made a day ahead to allow the flavours time to harmonize. The wild greens and fruit can be changed depending on availability. Serves 6
|1/2 cup||Sun Dried Cherry Sauce|
|1/4 cup||Raspberry Wine Vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Freshly squeezed lime juice|
|2 tsp||Wasabi* – prepared|
|2 Tbsp||Onion – diced|
|2 cloves||Fresh garlic – minced|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger – minced|
|To taste||Freshly ground pepper and salt|
|3/4 cup||Basil Flavoured Walnut Oil|
|6 cups||Mixed wild greens – trimmed and washed|
|2||Nectarines – cut in wedges|
|3/4 cup||Blueberries- washed|
|6||Tuna steaks or fillets (5-6 oz each)|
|1/3 cup||Roasted Garlic Olive Oil|
|2 tsp||Soya Sauce|
|2||Cloves garlic – minced|
|1 tsp||Ginger – minced|
Wild Greens Laced with Sun Dried Cherry Vinaigrette
- To prepare the dressing place the Sun Dried Cherry Sauce, Raspberry Wine Vinegar, brown sugar, freshly squeezed lime juice, Wasabi*, onion, fresh ginger and fresh garlic in a blender and mix on moderate speed for 1 minute.
- Add the Walnut Oil in a slow steady stream. The vinaigrette should thicken nicely.Cover and refrigerate.
Place the wild greens and fruit in a bowl. Toss together.
- Quickly wash the tuna under cold running water. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, soya sauce, garlic and ginger together.
- Marinate the tuna in the mixture for no longer than 10-15 minutes on each side.
- On a hot grill or in an oiled and heated saute pan, cook the fillets for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
To prepare the dish, toss the vinaigrette with the wild greens. Portion the salad on dinner plates and top with the grilled Tuna. Garnish with lemon, lime and additional wasabi.
* Wasabi is a Japanese mustard available in speciality markets. If you can not find it use 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder.