This delicious ice cream pie is prepared in a stackable appetizer maker. It is a wonderful bite size presentation for this rich and descendant dessert. It’s a good idea to learn how to use the stackable appetizer maker before assembling the ingredients. The company has a very informative video for sandwiches and desserts, which you can find on You Tube . Makes 11 or 22 servings. Enjoy!
|1 1/2 Cups||Pecans – whole, shelled|
|1/4 Cup||Butter – unsalted|
|1/2 Cup||Maple Cappuccino Sauce|
|COOKIE CRUMB LAYER|
|1 1/2 Cups||Chocolate cookie crumbs|
|1/4 Cup||Butter – melted|
|TO ASSEMBLE THE MUD PIE|
|3/4 Cup||Coffee ice cream – very good quality|
|1/2 Cup||Chocolate Mocha Sauce|
|1/2 Cup||Maple Cappuccino Sauce|
|TO SERVE THE MUD PIE|
|1 Cup||Whipping cream – whipped|
|3/4 Cup||Sun Dried Cherry Sauce|
To make candied pecans – this step should be done in advance
1. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. In a sauce pan or in the microwave, heat the Maple Cappuccino Sauce until it becomes very thin – approximately 1 minute on high heat.
3. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, on medium high heat. Add the pecans and stir thoroughly until they are evenly coated with butter. Continue to stir until the pecans become golden brown.
4. Pour the Maple Cappuccino Sauce over the pecans. Allow the mixture to come to a quick boil. Remove from heat and spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Take the baking sheet out of the fridge and break the candied nuts into bite size pieces. Chop the nuts into smaller pieces. Place the pieces in a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use.
To prepare cookie crumb layer – this step should be done just before assembly
1. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave oven. Place the cookie crumbs in a bowl and toss the melted butter into the cookie crumbs. With your hands or a spoon thoroughly blend the butter and cookie crumbs.
To assemble the Bite Size Style Mud Pie with your stackable appetizer maker
1. Set the cut and carry base in the bottom of the stackable appetizer maker. Spread half of the cookie crumb mixture along the bottom – tamper the layer, pressing down firmly with the tamper piece of the stackable appetizer maker.
2. Gently heat the Chocolate Mocha Sauce in the microwave. Liberally spread half of the sauce over the cookie crumb mixture.
3. Spread a layer of half of the nuts over top of the cookie crumbs/Chocolate Sauce. Tamper once again.
4. Slightly warm the Maple Cappuccino Sauce in the microwave. Liberally drizzle one third of it over the nuts.
5. Let the coffee ice cream stand at room temperature until it is soft enough to scoop. Place small scoops of ice cream on top of the nuts. Cover with plastic wrap, and tamper to compress the ice cream. Wrap the entire dessert in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
6. Remove the mud pie from the fridge and repeat the layer, as follows: cookie crumb, Chocolate Mocha Sauce, candied pecans, Maple Cappuccino Sauce, coffee ice cream. Then add an additional layer of candied pecans and drizzle the remaining Maple Cappuccino Sauce over the top. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least two hours before serving. This can be left in the freezer for several days before serving. Just make sure it is tightly wrapped.
To Serve the Mud Pie
1. Remove the dessert from the freezer. With a sharp knife cut the dessert along the divider lines on the stackable appetizer maker.
2. Lift the cut and carry base from the stackable appetizer maker.
3. Place each portion on a serving plate and garnish with whipping cream and Sun Dried Cherry sauce. Serve immediately.